3/01/2010

Tokushima

 I was born in "Fukuoka (福岡県)" and grew up in "Yamaguchi (山口県)", Japan. I lived in the U.S. from the time I was 24 until I was 30 – six years. Now, I live in "Tokushima (徳島県)". Everyone asks me why I am here. My answer is always the same, “ I don’t know! ”

I don’t have anyone that I know here in Tokushima. My husband got his job and is asked to work here by his company – so I live here with him. The company asked us where we wished to go and live. They would try to make our wish come true as much as possible. We chose Fukuoka which is my hometown. At least that was close to Yamaguchi. But, a couple of months later the company announced that we were going to Tokushima.

『...Tokushima?』 I couldn't remember where it was located at that time, so I checked a map of Japan. I found it in "Shikoku (四国)",  one of Japan's major islands, which is located just under the main island of Japan. I had never imagined that my husband and I were going to be placed there. There was nothing I could do. We had to go.

Now, we have been in Tokushima for almost three months. To be honest, the customs here are so different from my hometown or the United States – so I am still trying to get used to being here.


No comments:

Post a Comment