4/07/2010

A cafe

Surprisingly there are no Starbucks here in Tokushima. That is actually a big shock to me. Don’t get me wrong... I am not either a big fan of coffee or trying to praise the enormous chain coffee company. It was just shocking to me because Starbucks are always around me – just like street lights or billboards. Since Tokushima doesn’t have Starbucks so many small, private coffee shops are around. Every single café has high quality coffee, various munchies and relaxing atmospheres. They are all sophisticated.
 I went to one café with my husband. The outside of their building looked like ancient ruins. It seems like the building was rubble from after being in a fire. We were actually scared and hesitated entering the place. But, our fears were utterly groundless. The interior of the café was amazing. We learned that we shouldn’t judge something by its appearance.




No comments:

Post a Comment