11/10/2010

Persimmon Cobbler

Last night, I got some persimmons from my husband's student. Persimmons are representative of the  fall harvest in Japan. Of course they are good to eat as they are, but I decided to cook them somehow. I don't prefer them very much, but persimmons are my husband's favorite. While he was at work, I thought long and hard about just how to impress him with the persimmons. Finally, I came up with the idea of making Persimmon Cobbler. I've never tried or heard of this cobbler before. But trying something new sometimes surprises us. Let's see. (Well...in case it WAS a bad surprise, I used apples as well) Oh, and also, I though it was little too high calorie, so I didn't make the crisp topping. While the cobbler was in the oven, the smell of it made us happy. It was a sure sign that the cobbler would turn out good. Smelling it was just like torture, until after it was cooked.Finally, when we ate it, we appreciated this fall's harvest .  But we thought...we still needed the crisp plus vanilla ice cream on top of it, even though it is super extra high in calories... Ahhh we are both such sweet teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment