2/26/2011

Comfortable

Do you remember the very first day you started living with someone? Not your dad and mom, I am talking about your partner such as your husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend. After your wedding, even before your wedding, or if  you live with somebody now, you must have had that experience. I tried to remember what I did and how I felt on that day, but I can't remember. I asked my husband who was my boyfriend at that time, and he said he remembered. He told me I went to work that day and was too tired to cook, so we went out to eat something. I used to work 7 days a week and didn't cook very much back then, so I guess what he said is right.

Living with somebody who came from a different background causes problems sometimes, because each person has his or her own living habits. I was born and grew up in Japan and my husband is an American, so our lifestyles were very different. Even very small things were different such as how to wash dishes, doing laundry, what to use for scrubbing one's body in the shower, how to clean a room, what to eat for breakfast....wow, I can't count!!  We'd wondered, fought, and compromised with each other a lot.  Now we've gotten used to living together and feel comfortable finally. Probably more comfortable than living with our own parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment